Looking for a side hustle? – Teach English at Japan’s newest unicorn startup in Vietnam.
We know the secret of what English teachers want:
- work with other passionate teachers
- influence over the content in the English program
- flexibility in teaching style
- excellent management who supports them
- teach motivated students who really want to improve
- ability to learn new things
- chance to use Vietnamese / Japanese in the office
- work-life balance
- a cool office
- new tech
(OK, maybe that’s not really a secret) but we have created a culture where we can offer you everything on the list above.
You will be responsible for:
- Assessing students into CEFR levels
- Designing the curriculum / Selecting textbooks for each level
- Conducting man-to-man and/or group lessons
- Showing objective improvement for each student at 6 month intervals
The position would be one day a week to start (this could also be two half days) – we are pretty flexible in regards to time. There are currently 10 or so students in the program and their levels range from CEFR A1 to B2. If the program continues to gain popularity, we would look to bring someone on full time.
Who we are:
Raksul – Better Systems, Better World.
We aim to change the world by reinventing legacy industry structures with the power of the Internet. We specialize in building B2B platforms. Currently, we have built transformative platforms in printing, off-line advertising, and logistics. At the center of it all, we believe in the power of technology. This vision is not only embedded into our business model but also into the way we work and interact with each other. We believe in challenging the status quo. We believe in the collision of ideas. We believe in equality and diversity. And we believe that human capital is the central factor for success.
Raksul has been recognized globally, including “#1 Startup of the Year 2018” by Forbes Japan, “Red Herring Top 100 Global”, “Ruby Biz Grand Prix 2016”, among others.
You can find out more about us, including background on the company via the link below.
- English: Fluent
- Must currently reside in Vietnam
- is passionate, productive, and professional
- can assess students into CEFR levels
- is tech-savvy
- understands the importance of time management and being on time
- is confident working in a corporate environment and teaching students from different backgrounds and at different levels
- has a minimum of 5 years’ teaching experience
- has at least 2 years’ experience working in an English speaking environment
- is experienced in teaching English pronunciation, accent reduction, and IPA
- is familiar with business English textbooks
- is able to customize one-to-one lessons
- is able to give useful feedback to students of all levels
- Billing is hourly. Paid on a monthly basis.
- Up to 450,000VND per hour
If you want to get in on the ground floor of a new English program and be part of a team that is going to make a big impact then we look forward to having you join the Raksul English team.